Straw Paper Worm
Description: This trick creates what looks like a growing worm when you add water.
1. Get a straw still in its wrapper.
2. Start pulling down the paper so it crunches together towards the bottom of the straw. Try to keep it from breaking, but make it as tight as you can.
3. Slip the compressed paper off the straw and lay it on the table.
4. Take the straw and stick it in a glass of water. Seal it off on the top with your index finger and draw out about an inch of water.
5. Let go of your finger over the straw worm and douse the straw paper with the water.
Result: The straw will absorb the water and appear to grow.